Solarwinds NPM – integration manual
Here we describe how to setup SolarWinds NPM (Network Performance Monitoring) with SMSEagle for SMS alerts.
Software suite for SolarWinds NPM includes Advanced Alert Manager tool, that allows to configure alerts and actions on these alerts.
SMSEagle is an offline hardware SMS gateway. Therefore no external connection to 3rd party system is required. All notifications are generated on-premise and sent directly to a cellular network. This solution can be used in secure installations without Internet access.
Create a new user in SMSEagle.
1. From web interface open Alerts & Activity -> Alerts
2. Click on ADD NEW ALERT button.
3. Start configuring your new alert
4. Select Trigger Actions Tab, and take Add action. Then select Send a GET or POST Request to a Web Server. Click Configure action.
5. Select USE HTTP GET, and insert HTTP API command:
login: your user to login to SMSEagle
pass: your password to login to SMSEagle
to: receipient telephone number
message: your SMS alert message