HPE IMC – integration manual
Here we describe how to setup HPE IMC (Intelligent Management Center) with SMSEagle for SMS alerts and notifications.
Software suite for HPE Intelligent Management Software includes Intelligent Management Center tool, that allows to configure email alerts and actions on these alerts.
SMSEagle is an offline hardware SMS gateway. Therefore no external connection to 3rd party system is required. All notifications are generated on-premise and sent directly to a cellular network. This solution can be used in secure installations without Internet access.
This integration will use Email To SMS plugin (see details: Email To SMS plugin). This plugin is included in each version of SMSEagle device.
1. Enable Email2SMS plugin in SMSEagle web-gui
HPE IMC Setup
1. First you need to have your SMTP server configured and running.
For our testing purposes we use miniRelay portable SMTP server. You can download it from here.
2. Configure Mail server settings in IMC ( System->System configuration->Mail server settings ) as described at screenshot
- your_local_mail_server IP address of your SMTP server
- your_sender_name is your desired sender email
3. Configure Alarm notifications (Alarm->Alarm settings->Alarm nottifications) by adding New Mail notification. Settings as at picture below:
- 123456789 is your cellphone number
- 192.168.1.100 is your SMSEagle’s IP address
4. Test if its working.
- a) Initiate alarm trigger in your network (eg. disable or disconnect some monitored device) to get Alarm sent from HP IMC
- b) Check sentitems / SMTP server logs if it received an email from HP IMC
- c) At SMSEagle web-gui in menu Settings > Sysinfo > System log you should see that SMSEagle device has received the email from HP IMC.
d) and in SMSEagle modem log (in menu Settings > Sysinfo > Gammu log) that the email was converted into SMS message and sent to recipient.
5. Integration has been completed. That’s so easy!